Saturday, October 2, 2010

Who You Gonna Call?




For this Ghostbusters costume, I bought a light tan sweatshirt from the thrift store. Then, using iron-on transfers, I applied the Ghostbusters logo onto the right sleeve and "Venkman" on the upper left chest.
The power pack is a giant cardboard box that I spray painted black. I cut an opening around one side and slid a backpack into it, creating the straps for the pack. I found a bunch of Ghostbusters decals online and printed them onto labels which I cut out and placed on the pack. Any bits and pieces sticking out of the pack are things I had around the house: old toy car tires, plastic containers, etc., that I spray painted black and glued onto the cardboard box.
The utility belt was a toy plastic construction worker belt that I found at the dollar store. I spray painted it, then attached various ghosthunting "tools" onto the belt with clips. The ghost-catcher box is from the dollar store; painted black, with yellow electrical tape on one side and a warning label that I found from a Ghostbuster site online.
The goggles are just regular safety goggles. I found this pair in the garage.
I probably spent less than $15 on the entire costume, and I think it looked pretty good when it was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment