Sunday, May 24, 2009

Granny square repair


I was asked to repair an old granny square blanket. Upon inspection, I saw that I had to either unravel the blue yarn that bordered the entire blanket in order to remove and fix the seven different ruined squares, then recrochet the blue border, or attempt to patch each square without removing it. I elected to patch. Pay no attention to the lower right hand corner of the "fixed" square. I was so busy listening to Adam Lambert sing "A Change is Gonna Come" that I lost track of what I was doing. By the time I realized my mistake, I had gone too far to want to go back to repair the repair. It looks okay if you don't look too closely.
I fixed all seven squares. It's not something I'd like to do again anytime soon, and I'm afraid, with the thinness of the yarn that was originally used, more holes are gonna come.

No comments:

Post a Comment